Definition of after-action report
: a detailed critical summary or analysis of a past event (such as a military action) made for the purposes of re-assessing decisions and considering possible alternatives for future reference Prior to leaving Saigon for Honolulu, Harkins had requested and received from Vann a special after-action report on the July 20 engagement.— Neil Sheehan, A Bright Shining Lie, 1988 —called also after-action review
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Buck Naked' or 'Butt Naked'?
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game