Definition of affectual
: relating to, arising from, or influencing feelings or emotions : affective, emotional When exposed to situations which touch upon unconscious conflict he … has little adaptive capacity. Seemingly minor stresses produce massive affectual responses usually in the form of depression.— Seymour L. Halleck, New York Times, 12 May 1967
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game