aero·scep·sis | \ ˌer-ō-ˈskep-səs\
variants: or less commonly aeroscepsy \ ˈer-ō-ˌskep-sē \
plural aeroscepses\ ˌer-ō-ˈskep-(ˌ)sēz \ also aeroscepsies\ ˈer-ō-ˌskep-sēz \
Definition of aeroscepsis
: the power possessed by certain animals of observing the quality of the air by means of special organs
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game