Definition of aerobar
: a set of bicycle handlebars or handlebar extensions that are designed to put a rider’s body in a low, aerodynamic position Once you get an aerobar, you'll be addicted to it. If you're new to the bar, try it first on a flat, fast course—it's phenomenal.— Christine Mattheis, Bicycling, March 2008 —usually plural If you watch the Tour De France, they use aerobars for aerodynamics but they are only riding 30 or so miles at most.— Willy Nevin, San Jose (California) Mercury News, 13 May 2010
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game