Definition of aerated concrete
: concrete formed from cement that has been mixed with other materials (such as an expansion agent) and treated in such a way as to substantially reduce its density without similarly reducing its strength One U.S. supplier of aerated concrete panels and blocks is Hebel Southeast in Atlanta, a licensee of Hebel International in Olching, Germany, which developed the process for producing concrete shapes that weigh only a fifth as much as those made from conventional reinforced concrete.— Stuart F. Brown, Forbes, 8 Sept. 1997
Keep scrolling for more
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game