ae·quo·rin | \ ēˈkwȯrə̇n, -ōr- \
Definition of aequorin
: a bioluminescent protein of jellyfish (genus Aequorea) that emits light in response to the addition of calcium or strontium and is used to demonstrate the presence and distribution of calcium in cells
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game