ae·gyp·tia·nel·lo·sis | \ ē-ˌjip-shə-(ˌ)ne-ˈlō-səs\
plural aegyptianelloses\ ē-ˌjip-shə-(ˌ)ne-ˈlō-ˌsēz \
Definition of aegyptianellosis
: a disease of domestic fowls marked by fever, anemia, jaundice, and typhoidlike symptoms and caused by a protozoan (Aegyptianella pullorum) related to the piroplasms and transmitted by the chicken tick especially in the Mediterranean region
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?