Definition of adviser
- a financial/investment adviser
- She was not signing on as a domestic or foreign-policy adviser …
- —Peggy Noonan
- In this meeting, Clifford, who had been a senior Truman aide and an adviser to Kennedy, used George Ball's memorandums in pleading that the war could not be won.
- —Sidney Blumenthal
- In December, she and her thesis advisor, Neal Evans, used the camera, attached to a 50-inch telescope, to look for infant stars in a giant molecular cloud in the constellation Orion.
- —Andrew Chaikin
- In a real sense, the emperor's astronomical ministers functioned like advisors in a modern president's cabinet, advising him on how best to conduct the affairs of state in a harmonious and effective manner.
- —Laurence A. Marschall