Definition of advertainment
: a form of entertainment (such as a movie or television show) that is created primarily to advertise something : advertisement presented in the form of entertainment And if at any point you forgot that you're watching two hours of advertainment, the characters are happy to remind you via carefully enunciated appreciations of all the war machinery that surrounds them.— Dan Kois, Washington Post, 8 Aug. 2009
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game