adverbialized; adverbializing; adverbializes
Definition of adverbialize
: to create an adverb from (an adjective, a noun, etc.) As noted earlier … Roumanian does not adverbialize adjectives in the lexicon, but instead simply uses adjectivals freely in modifier function …— Frederick Browning Agard, A Course in Romance Linguistics, 1984
Keep scrolling for more
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game