Definition of administrative assistant
: a person whose job is to support an executive, group, department, or organization especially by handling administrative tasks (such as data entry, correspondence, filing, and scheduling appointments) Steven Azeez, the administrative assistant who sorts and delivers the office mail, says one day he made four trips to Mr. Maier's desk.— Eleena De Lisser, Wall Street Journal, 24 Sept. 1999
Keep scrolling for more
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game