ad·e·no·troph·ic | \ ˌa-də-nˌō-¦trä-fik, ə-¦de-nə-, -¦trō-\
Definition of adenotrophic
: marked by retention of eggs within the mother until the larvae are hatched and nourished by special nutritive organs in the uterus —used of a form of ovoviviparous development in certain dipterous insects
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?