add to this/thatidiom
Definition of add to this/that
—often used informally to introduce a statement about something that makes a thing or situation better, worse, more important, etc. We were given little time to finish. Add to this the fact that nobody helped us, and you can understand why we were angry.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- The Exceptions Quiz III Take the quiz
- Musical Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game