ad-hoc·ra·cy | \ ˈad-ˈhäk-rə-sē, -ˈhōk-; ˈäd-ˈhōk- \
Definition of ad-hocracy
: a temporary organization or committee set up to accomplish a specific task also : a system of government utilizing such organizations
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game