ad ignorantiamadverb (or adjective)
ad ig·no·ran·ti·am | \ ¦ad-ˌig-nə-ˈran-shē-ˌam\
Definition of ad ignorantiam
: by use of unanswerable challenge to disprove rather than by serious attempt to prove an ad ignorantiam argument
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game