acos·mic | \ (ˈ)ā-¦käz-mik\
Definition of acosmic
: denying the objective reality of the temporal world : transcendental in a world-negating sense the Hindu's two aspects of God: cosmic and acosmic, relative and transcendental
Keep scrolling for more
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game