Definition of acid fog
: fog having increased acidity caused by environmental factors (such as atmospheric pollutants) Even so, a combination of acid fog and ozone may have made trees on this and other Eastern summits more vulnerable to bugs, weather, and drought.— Edmund Faltermayer, Fortune, 17 July 1989
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?