ach·e·mon sphinx | \ ˈa-kə-ˌmän-, ə-ˈkē-mən-\
Definition of achemon sphinx
: a large hawk moth (Pholus achemon) having a caterpillar that feeds on the grapevine and Virginia creeper
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game