Definition of absorbative
: absorptive He had enjoyed the life with the peculiar appropriative, assimilative, absorbative gust of the typical schoolboy.— L. B. Walford, Longman's Magazine, 1893 … mycorrhizae increase the absorbative power of root systems … by 10 to 1,000 times.— Rachel Foster, Eugene Weekly, 8 Nov. 2007
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?