Definition of abovesaid
: mentioned previously on the same page or on a preceding page : aforesaid For Sir Richard Varney abovesaid (the chief projector in this design), who, by the Earl's order, remained that day of her death alone with her …— Sir Walter Scott, Kenilworth, 1821 As a byproduct of the abovesaid weddings, look for 52.6 babies to arrive in Hamilton County.— Jim Knippenberg, Cincinnati Enquirer, 29 Feb. 2000
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game