abandon/drop all pretense atidiom
Definition of abandon/drop all pretense at
: to stop acting or appearing in a way that looks real but is false : to stop pretending He abandoned/dropped all pretense at politeness.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game