ab·am·pere | \ (ˈ)aˈbamˌpi(ə)r, -aam- \
Definition of abampere
: the cgs electromagnetic unit of electric current equaling 10 amperes that flows in a circular path of one centimeter radius and produces a magnetic field of 2 π oersteds at the center of the circle
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game