ab·am·pere | \ (ˈ)aˈbamˌpi(ə)r, -aam-\
Definition of abampere
: the cgs electromagnetic unit of electric current equaling 10 amperes that flows in a circular path of one centimeter radius and produces a magnetic field of 2 π oersteds at the center of the circle
Keep scrolling for more
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game