ab·am·pere | \ (ˈ)aˈbamˌpi(ə)r, -aam-\
Definition of abampere
: the cgs electromagnetic unit of electric current equaling 10 amperes that flows in a circular path of one centimeter radius and produces a magnetic field of 2 π oersteds at the center of the circle
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game