a ways to gonoun phrase
Definition of a ways to go
: a long distance to go We still have a ways to go before we're home. —often used figuratively We've done a lot of work on this project, but we have a long ways to go.She still has a ways to go before graduation.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game