Definition of away-going crop
: a crop planted by a tenant farmer that will not be ready for harvest until after the tenant's lease has ended
Note: Under certain conditions a tenant has the legal right to harvest an away-going crop after the end of a tenancy.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?