a man/woman/person to reckon withnoun phrase
Definition of a man/woman/person to reckon with
: someone who is strong and cannot be ignored When she won her first three matches, the other players realized that she was a woman to reckon with.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- What's that Smell?! Quiz Take the quiz
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game