a deuce ofidiom
Definition of a deuce of
old-fashioned + informal
: very difficult or causing a lot of trouble It'll be a deuce of a problem to do what she wants. We've had a deuce of a time finding a good doctor.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game