- Can you give me a couple more examples?
- This one costs a couple dollars less than that one.
- I lost interest in the book after a couple chapters.
- We met a couple years ago.
- "How many drinks have you had?" "Oh, just a couple."
: two persons married, engaged, or otherwise romantically paired
: two persons paired together
: pair, brace
: to connect for consideration together
: to join for combined effect
: to fasten together : link
What made you want to look up a couple? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).