Definition of a couple
1 : two or a few (of something) Can you give me a couple more examples? This one costs a couple dollars less than that one. —In informal U.S. English, a couple can be used like a couple of I lost interest in the book after a couple chapters.We met a couple years ago.
2 : two or a few "How many drinks have you had?" "Oh, just a couple."
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?