Zo·rap·tera | \ zəˈraptərə\
Definition of Zoraptera
: an order of minute terrestrial commonly apterous insects that are widely distributed in the warmer parts of the world, form a single genus (Zorotypus), and are related to the order Corrodentia in which they are often included as a suborder
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game