Zo·rap·tera | \ zəˈraptərə\
Definition of Zoraptera
: an order of minute terrestrial commonly apterous insects that are widely distributed in the warmer parts of the world, form a single genus (Zorotypus), and are related to the order Corrodentia in which they are often included as a suborder
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?