Zo·rap·tera | \ zəˈraptərə \
Definition of Zoraptera
: an order of minute terrestrial commonly apterous insects that are widely distributed in the warmer parts of the world, form a single genus (Zorotypus), and are related to the order Corrodentia in which they are often included as a suborder
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game