Definition of Zanzibar
Note: Zanzibar was formerly a sultanate. With Pemba and adjacent islands it formed a British protectorate. It became independent in 1963 and united with Tanganyika in 1964 to form Tanzania.
Note: The city of Zanzibar is the capital of the island and was formerly capital of the protectorate.
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game