Definition of Zanzibar
Note: Zanzibar was formerly a sultanate. With Pemba and adjacent islands it formed a British protectorate. It became independent in 1963 and united with Tanganyika in 1964 to form Tanzania.
Note: The city of Zanzibar is the capital of the island and was formerly capital of the protectorate.
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
- Rapping on 'Bad Rap' and 'Bad Rep' (and 'Bad Wrap')
- 'Confuzzled': A Not So Confusing Definition
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 5/17/19
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game