variants: or Zambesi
Definition of Zambezi
river about 1700 miles (2735 kilometers) long in southeastern Africa flowing from northwestern Zambia across eastern Angola and western Zambia to the border of Botswana, forming the border between Zambia and Zimbabwe, crossing central Mozambique, and emptying into Mozambique Channel
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game