variants: or formerly Northern Rhodesia
Definition of Zambia
landlocked country in southern Africa; capital Lusaka area 290,585 square miles (752,615 square kilometers), population 13,070,000
Note: Formerly a British protectorate, Zambia has been an independent republic within the Commonwealth of Nations since 1964.
Keep scrolling for more
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game