Definition of Yang Shao
: of or relating to a late Neolithic and Bronze Age culture of north China characterized by small settlements of circular pit houses, irrigation, loom weaving, and a fine painted pottery and in its late stage by metallurgy
Keep scrolling for more
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game