Xe·no·mi | \ zə̇ˈnōˌmī \
Definition of Xenomi
in some classifications
: an order of soft-rayed freshwater teleost fishes comprising the blackfish (Dallia pectoralis) and being commonly included usually in the order Haplomi or among the Isospondyli
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game