Definition of Westphalia
region of western Germany bordering on the Netherlands east of the Rhine River — see north rhine-westphalia
Note: Westphalia includes the Ruhr valley and was a province of Prussia from 1816 to 1945 with Münster as its capital.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Bounty Hunter': A Hollywood Invention
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game