Definition of Wales
country in southwestern Great Britain, a division of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland bordering on the Irish Sea, Saint George's Channel, and the Celtic Sea; capital Cardiff area 8016 square miles (20,761 square kilometers), population 3,063,456
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?