Wal·chia | \ ˈwalkēə, ˈwȯl-\
Definition of Walchia
: a genus of pinaceous fossil trees that resemble araucarias, are characteristic of the Permian but range through the Triassic, and have short triangular spirally arranged falcate leaves and ovate cones with persistent ovate scales
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?