Virginia mountain mintnoun
Definition of Virginia mountain mint
: a perennial mountain mint (Pycnanthemum virginianum) of eastern North America with narrow leaves and clusters of very small white flowers Virginia mountain mint produces frothy mounds of small white flowers spotted with purple in broad, flattened inflorescences. — C. Colston Burrell, in Native Alternatives to Invasive Plants, 2006
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?