Vim·i·nar·ia | \ ˌviməˈna(a)rēə \
Definition of Viminaria
: a genus of Australian leafless shrubs (family Leguminosae) that resemble the brooms and have small orange-yellow flowers with a broad vexillum and connate keel petals and a one-seeded pod — see swamp oak
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game