ran·che·ria | \ ˌranchəˈrēə\
Definition of rancheria
1 : a dwelling place of a ranchero
2 : a small settlement often consisting of huts occupied especially by Amerindians or Mexicans it was among these rancherias … that the missions found their most fertile field for labor— F. M. & Marie Keesing
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game