Ve·nise lace | \ və̇ˈnēs, ˈvenə̇s-\
variants: or less commonly Venise
Definition of Venise lace
1 : venetian point
2 : a machine-made imitation of Venetian point made by the burnt-out process
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game