Definition of Venetian
(Entry 1 of 2)
Definition of venetian (Entry 2 of 2)
a(1) : a native or inhabitant of Venice
(2) : a person of Venetian descent
b : the Italian dialect of Venice
2 or venetian cloth
a : a fine worsted fabric used especially for suits, coats, or dresses and made in twill or satin weave with a napped or clear surface and a lustrous finish
b : a lustrous sateen used especially for linings
3 : venetian blind
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/22/19
- Is 'Positively' Positively Legal?
- The True Story of 'Realize' and 'Realise'
- Out to Sea with 'Wave' and 'Waive'
Ask the Editors
- Name that Food Quiz Take the quiz
- Pass the Little Ribbons: A Pasta Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game