Van·cou·ve·ria | \ ˌvanküˈvirēə \
Definition of Vancouveria
in some classifications
: a genus of western North American herbs (family Berberidaceae) that have dissected basal leaves and small panicled white flowers with numerous sepals and six petals and are usually included in the genus Epimedium
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game