Definition of Vancouver
(Entry 1 of 2)
George 1757–1798 English navigator
Definition of Vancouver (Entry 2 of 2)
1 city in southwestern Washington on the Columbia River opposite Portland, Oregon population 161,791
2 city and port on Burrard Inlet in southwestern British Columbia, Canada population 603,502
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game