Val·lo·ta | \ vəˈlōtə, vaˈ-\
Definition of Vallota
: a genus of southern African bulbous herbs (family Amaryllidaceae) with a long funnel-shaped perianth tube and winged seeds — see scarborough lily
Keep scrolling for more
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game