Definition of Vallisneriaceae
in some classifications
: a family comprising monocotyledonous aquatic herbs (order Naiadales) that are distinguished by having flowers with the tube of the perianth more or less adnate to the ovary and the carpels united in fruit and that are now usually included in Hydrocharitaceae
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game