Definition of Valladolid
1 province of northwest central Spain area 3166 square miles (8200 square kilometers), population 532,284
2 commune in northwest central Spain north-northwest of Madrid population 309,714
Note: The commune of Valladolid serves as capital of the province of Valladolid.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 5/24/19
- Summer Reading Picks from Merriam-Webster Staffers
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Challenging Vocabulary Quiz Returns! Take the quiz
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game