Definition of Valencia
1 region and ancient kingdom in eastern Spain between Andalusia and Catalonia
2 province of eastern Spain area 4156 square miles (10,764 square kilometers), population 2,566,474
3 commune and port on the Mediterranean Sea in eastern Spain population 792,303
Note: The commune of Valencia serves as capital of the province of Valencia.
4 city in northern Venezuela west-southwest of Caracas population 1,379,000
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Buck Naked' or 'Butt Naked'?
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game