Ty·len·chus | \ -kəs\
Definition of Tylenchus
: a genus of nematode worms (family Tylenchidae) usually restricted to soil-dwelling forms that are saprophagous or feed on roots but formerly including numerous serious plant parasites (as the bulb eelworm) that are mostly placed in the genus Anguina
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game