Ty·len·chi·dae | \ -kəˌdē\
Definition of Tylenchidae
: a family of soil-dwelling or plant-parasitic phasmid nematode worms (superfamily Tylenchoidea) related to the Heteroderidae but usually having a bursa in the male — see tylenchulus , tylenchus — compare heterodera
Keep scrolling for more
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game