Tylen·choi·dea | \ ˌtīˌleŋˈkȯidēə, ˌtiˌl-, -enˈk-\
Definition of Tylenchoidea
: a superfamily of soil-dwelling or plant-parasitic nematodes (order Rhabditida) with a dorsal esophageal gland opening near the base of the buccal spear — see heterodera , tylenchidae
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game